2 Day Pregnancy Massage Course
MTAA 17 Primary Credits
RMTA 12 Primary Credits
NHPC 10 Credits
(The pregnancy course in May 2017 is full) If you would like to secure a place in the September course date, please fill out the registration form at the bottom of this page with a $50.00 deposit.
The course will be taught following guidelines as set out in a regulated province and will focus on:
• Review of anatomy, physiology and pathology as it relates to pregnancy.
• Specific health history forms, communication and in-depth questionnaire, to aid the therapist in effective and safe treatment for moms to be.
• Understanding the signs and symptoms of high risk and when to refer out.
• Bolstering and positioning to ensure safety and comfort while treating expectant mothers.
• Theory and instructor demonstration of interview, assessment, treatment and home care more specific to the needs of pregnant women throughout their trimesters including post pregnancy.
• Student participation in interviews, assessment, treatment and home care for expectant mothers
Cost: $ 250.00 + GST (includes continental breakfast and course materials)
$ 50.00 Deposit required on Registration (MTAA members receive a 10% discount)
Feb 25-26, 2017
May 6-7, 2017
Sept 23-24, 2017
Saturday & Sunday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Sherwood Park & District Chamber of Commerce
100 Ordze Avenue, Sherwood Park, AB
Upstairs meeting room
Marla Yaworski RMT
This two-day course will be comprised of theory, assessment and treatment of common dysfunction and/or pain as it relates to pregnancy. Discussion of interview questions will be presented that are pertinent to pregnancy in order to devise a treatment plan that is safe recognizing contraindications and the need for outside referrals.